US Bank Cash Visa Signature Card Benefits
The US Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card offers few unique benefits, but cardholders can take advantage of the unique bonus category structure as well as the introductory APR for new purchases and balance transfers. In addition, it is part of the Visa Signature credit card family, which means that it offers the advantages offered by all Visa Signature cards.
US Bank is currently offering new cardholders a $200 rewards bonus after they apply online and spend $1,000 on qualifying purchases within the first 120 days of opening an account. This translates to spending just over $200 per month for the first four months. For the most part, it’s pretty doable, making this card a great option for those who want a sign-up bonus without the heavy outlay required.
APR Introductory Offer for Purchases and Balance Transfers
Need to finance a major purchase over several months? Want to suspend interest on existing debt? This card offers an introductory APR of 0% for 15 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers. After that, the regular APR is 16.74% – 26.74% variable. The best rewards credit cards tend to have tighter APR intro periods, but 15 months is a good offer. That gives you over a year to focus on paying off your balance without accruing interest.
Dynamic bonus categories
One of the biggest benefits of the US Bank Cash Visa Signature Card is the 5% cash back you can receive in two categories of your choice (up to $2,000 quarterly, then 1%). Categories change quarterly, but past options have included TV, Internet and streaming services, home utilities, cellphone providers, electronics stores, gyms, fast food and more.
Some enjoy the thrill of selecting new categories each quarter, especially ones with varying spend.
Visa Signature Benefits
Visa groups its credit cards into three tiers: Visa Traditional, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite. Each tier comes with its own suite of benefits, and Visa Signature is the middle option. Here are some of the benefits included with US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature:
- Highway Dispatch — For a fixed price per service call, you can contact the Highway Dispatch Hotline for 24-hour emergency assistance. Services include standard towing, tire change, jump start, lockout service and fuel delivery.
- Travel and emergency assistance services – Visa will connect you with the services you need during your trip, including emergency transportation assistance, delivery of prescriptions and valuable documents, referrals legal services, translation services and lost baggage tracing services.
- Discounts on Norton LifeLock Solutions — Norton Identity Theft Monitoring can keep you informed if and how your data is being used on the dark web.
- Collision Damage Waiver for Rental Vehicles — When you use your credit card, you may be eligible for rental car insurance rather than having to purchase it from the rental company.
- Emergency Card Replacement — Get your card replaced within 1-3 business days in an emergency.
- Zero Fraud Liability — You are not responsible for unauthorized transactions made with your credit card.
How to Maximize the Benefits of the Visa Signature Credit Card
Here’s how you can make sure you get the most out of this card’s benefits.
Know Your Visa Signature Benefits
Many Visa Signature benefits apply to emergency situations, such as a flat tire, lost or stolen card, or prescription needs. In such situations, it can be difficult to remember your coverage. It’s a good idea to refresh your memory of your card perks from time to time so you don’t forget to use those perks when they count.
You can also write down your Visa Signature benefits on your phone so they’re easily accessible when you need them.
Use your bonus reward categories
Bonus categories that change quarterly can make your rewards game fun, but they can be useless if you’re not careful. To get the most out of this benefit, you should aim to select categories where you can spend $2,000 over a three-month period, maximizing this 5% cash back benefit. Then, of course, be diligent about using your card for those purchases. If you have trouble remembering bonus categories, jot down an easy-to-read note on your phone.
Transfer your balance as soon as possible
The 0% introductory APR only lasts for the first 15 months, so if you’re planning on transferring a balance, do it soon. After the Intro APR period ends, the regular variable APR will apply to your credit card balance.
The bottom line
The US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature card doesn’t offer the richest suite of benefits, but you can certainly use the introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers, as well as the changing rewards categories. And don’t overlook Visa Signature benefits, which can connect you to a variety of emergency services.