Another strange/erroneous piece of information the SA stated was that apparently the 7.2kW variant has some changes to the vehicle and even if I get the charger later I couldn’t use the faster AC charge .
BHPian Varkey recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Test drove the EV Max today, Sree Gokulam Motors, Perumbavoor, Kochi took the vehicle home. Usually the road test vehicles I’ve seen aren’t permanently registered, but this one was registered and came with a green plate.
Started the ride with 4 of us in the vehicle.
- I drove mostly in City mode and it definitely felt really good. The power available on tap was super awesome.
- I tried different not so good roads that I usually drive on my Etios Liva diesel, and I felt the ride was very comfortable. I don’t think I would have been able to handle the same speeds on my Liva, the suspension was really good and comfortable.
- We went down a steep hill in Eco mode and just stopped in the middle, took our foot off the brake and the vehicle stopped. Resume and the vehicle effortlessly climbed the slope.
- I found the ventilated seats not so good, I had it on level 3 but didn’t get any airy feeling at all. Also, the placement of the buttons seemed odd (ie on the side of the seat), I had to keep checking if I was on or off or maxed out as the actual feedback was non-existent.
- Sport mode was energizing, the vehicle just zoomed in.
- AC behaved in a strange way. Everything was working fine until I turned on eco mode, at which point the AC cooling dropped off, which is kind of expected, but it was noticeable. Then I switched back to normal mode and the AC started working again and seemed fine. The temperature was set at 22, but after a while it felt like the AC was off and it was hot. Anyway, I would give the benefit of the doubt as I asked my wife and she said she didn’t feel such a problem.
I had made a reservation on June 3 by paying Rs 11,000 in Gokulam (I also have a reservation in Bangalore). Asked about delivery and SA, it’s like there are a lot of reservations and repeated the same 3-4 month delay. Apparently the parent dealer has only gotten 3 allocations so far, one being the test car and two customer cars. He said that this month 25 cars could be allocated and if there are any cancellations he will let me know. Most reservations seem to be for the intense teal color, like my reservation.
Another strange/erroneous piece of information the SA stated was that apparently the 7.2kW variant has some changes to the vehicle and even if I get the charger later I couldn’t use the faster AC charge . I then asked if there are 22kW AC public chargers, can’t I use it for fast charging then, for which it’s like public AC chargers you can use full speed, but home chargers would be limited to 3.3kW. I felt like he was just sharing some training he had received. Either way, he seemed to be pushing for a 7.2kW variant.
Read BHPian’s comments for more ideas and information.