Hello Los Angeles; today is world sea turtle day, which began in 2000 in honor of sea turtle conservation advocate Dr. Archie Carr. I’m here in your inbox today to keep you up to date with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Let’s go…
take out your roller skates! Also, Councilor Joe Buscaino’s order could be voted on next week. Finally, there is a electronic waste collection coming.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Scattered fog, then sunshine. High: 84 Low: 62.
⭐️ Three of the Cheapest Gas Stations in Los Angeles ⭐️
- Arco at 2050 W Manchester Ave.$5.95
- Unico at 4072 Verdugo Road$5.99
- United Oil at 705 N East Ave.$5.99
This great local company sponsors the Los Angeles Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will too:
Are you ready for fire season and the power outages that come with it? Inergy’s portable solar power stations allow you to power essentials like your fridge, freezer, lights and phones during a power outage. When you add their compact solar panels, you can capture free energy from the sun as you power your life. Inergy’s flexible systems give you peace of mind in the event of a power outage. To learn more, visit Inergy here. LA Daily readers, save up to $170 using code Patch at checkout.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
📢 Fireworks Poll!
Fireworks are illegal in the city of Los Angeles. Fraudsters can be fined $500, $1,000 or more. How do you feel about that? Please let me know your thoughts! (Nowadays, 75% I don’t want fireworks, 18.3% want “safe and healthy fireworks”, 5% want to choose what to buy, and another 1.7% don’t care one way or another.)
Here are the top five stories in Los Angeles today:
- The Skating rink at sunset is back! It opened last Friday and will remain in place until August 27. If you want to remember the 1980s in all their glory, be there after 2pm any day. Of course, if you show up on Saturday, there will be a DJ! (Fox)
- Councilman Joe Buscaino looked across the city line to neighboring Long Beach and wrote a ordinance that “would prevent people from mounting or dismounting their bikes on public sidewalks”. Adopted provisionally by the city council on Tuesday 11 at 3, the objective is to reduce “bike shops” and bike theft. Council members will put it to a vote next week. (SCS)
- If you have household hazardous waste and e-waste cluttering up the garage, carport or other storage area, you can get rid of it on June 25. The county will organize a roundup at the Wende Museum from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Town of Culver City)
- Will the city’s transport problems be solved in 2026? We learned on Wednesday that Urban Movement Labs and Overair believe they will have “a fleet of all-electric vertical take-off taxis which will carry passengers and cargo across the skies of Southern California. “They could travel up to 100 miles at speeds of up to 200 mph. (Mass Transit Mag)
- Mark your calendars! The Cinespia Events are on the calendar! From this Saturday with aliens to Hollywood Eternal Cemetery and ending July 30 with Hitchcock’s The birdssome events also take place at LA Historical Park. There will also be fireworks and you will have to to buy tickets. (Cinespia)
Today in Los Angeles:
- Barnsdall Art Park Foundation hosts a Tree planting ceremony (8:00 a.m.)
- Story time in the garden at Malaga Cove Library (10:15 a.m.)
- Valley Vineyard Christian Church hosts a Pop-up pantry (midday)
- AltaMed PACE Father’s Day Serenatas at 11541, avenue Rosecrans (2 p.m.)
- Join Strainge Beast and the HB Patio for a Night in the Speakeasy (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Sheriff Alex Villanueva and El Monte Police Department Captain Ben Lowry provide an update on an officer involved in a shooting investigation. (Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department via Facebook)
- Although your property may have been inspected and passed the annual brush clearance for 2022it remains a year-round responsibility. Firefighters need that defensible space that you can provide by properly keeping your vegetation in compliance. (LAFD via Instagram)
- Thanks YWCAGLA for LA School Recognition and more than 400 of the women employed at the Phenomenal Woman Award celebration honoring our “unsung heroines”, first responders and essential workers. (Los Angeles Unified via Instagram)
- A Hollywood Hills East neighbor wonders if anyone received a quote from the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority for not stopping completely at one of their stop signs? If so, have you been able to challenge your quote? (next door)
- Our Bel Air Hills the neighbor is looking for housekeeper 2x/week. Flexible hours/days. Must have a car and speak some English. Must like dogs (there are 2 very sweet sixty pound goofs in the house). (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Major Metalworking Equipment Auction & More (June 16)
- Dance with LA Choreographers and Dancers (June 17)
- Estate Planning for Your Loved Ones – Webinar (June 18)
- Santa Monica Apartment Rentals! Continue NOW! (June 19)
- Great American Tiny House Show-LA (June 19)
- Hire a Pro to Clean Dad’s Yard (June 19)
- Estate Planning for Your Loved Ones – Webinar (June 22)
- [Free Masterclass] Increase Your Website Sales and Leads Using SEO (June 25)
- Retirement Tax Webinar (June 27)
- Add your event
Concerts and Services:
- From $1645 Luxury suites on Wilshire in Westwood. Furniture! (Details)
- Luxury furnished living starting at $1645 near LMU! Live by the ocean! (Details)
- NMS Discounted Luxury Apartments in Santa Monica (Details)
- Add your ad
📍 Do you like the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
That’s all for today! I will see you soon.
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran has been working in sunny Southern California and writing freelance full-time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), embraces social justice and try to live Micah 6:8.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Los Angeles Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org