Hello, people of East Hampton! It’s me again, Diane Witek, your East Hampton Daily host.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partially sunny. High: 55, low: 46.
Here are today’s top stories in East Hampton:
- Sag Harbor Temple Partners with Ukraine Aid (East Hampton Star)
- Guide: Indoor Fun Around Long Island (News 12 Westchester)
- VIDEO: Earth Day cleanup at Suffolk Beach | Patch East Hampton, NY (Patch)
- VIDEO: Earth Day Cleanup at Suffolk Beach (East Hampton Patch)
- Hamptons rentals are turning seven figures (The Real Deal)
- ‘Hard for me to recognize’: Small towns see biggest boom in new residents in pandemic era (The Denver Gazette)
- Billionaire’s son appeals $10 million sacking of Ross School Suit (Dan’s Papers)
- NY Forecast (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Local artist Chris Kelly opens second solo exhibition in the Hamptons (LongIsland.com)
- 🌱East Hampton Daily: Vouchers Instead of Tickets: PD + Tuition Freeze (Patch)
- Henry Winkler on Bill Hader’s “Barry” Rule: “No Holes Are Allowed” (New York Post)
- Top 5 East End Family & Kids Events: April 22-27, 2022 (Dan’s Papers)
Today in East Hampton:
- We are really dealing with inflation when we see record rents for the season, more than a million dollars a month in the Hamptons. The owners did very well the first two summers of the pandemic. However, with some sort of normality returning to our lives, travelers are instead eyeing international destinations that have reopened. (The real deal)
- On Friday, the Atlantic Marine Conservation Society, located in Hampton Bays, transported 11 endangered and rehabilitated Kemp’s Ridley sea turtles from their intensive care facility in Westhampton Beach. You must feel good about this! (Subscription: news day)
- Local artist, Chris Kelly, will launch a second solo exhibition at the Colm Rowan Fine Art Gallery, located at 55 Main Street, East Hampton. This is after Kelly’s highly successful Hamptons inaugural season in 2021 and an active winter season! (LongIsland.com)
- The State Environmental Facilities Corporation has awarded more than $250 million in state grants to Long Island water providers for a series of projectsincluding treatment of emerging water contaminants. Find out which cities benefit from the subsidy. (Subscription: news day)
From my notebook:
- East Hampton Town Police Department, New York State: “We are extremely proud of Officer Peterson and happy for the family. Amazing job!” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Springs – 3 Mile Harbor: “Does anyone with a pool know how long a pool filter is typically supposed to last? Apparently mine broke and needs to be replaced. Thanks in advance for any wisdom shared.” (next door)
- Next door neighbour, Clearwater Beach: “How do I get to JFK or LGA when you don’t want or can’t bring your own car? I’m looking for a recommendation for a car service, or a driver to take my car back and forth, or advice on trains. Thank you!” (next door)
- Next door neighbour, East Hampton North: “I am looking for a reliable mover from Southampton to Jersey City mid May. Please share names and contacts if you have had a good experience with a mover. The last one I worked with broke every image I have !” (next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and Services:
Do you like the East Hampton Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today! I will see you soon.
— Diane Witek
About me: Passionate writer, web designer, social media marketer and newly proclaimed baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.